Saturday, August 22, 2009

Sleep is Amazing!

It feels so good to have slept for 7 and a half hours last night. I think I have been averaging 4 1/2 to 5 hours of not real good sleep. I will say that I was completely exhausted last night. I had a very busy, long day. We finish lunch at 11:40 and I have no more breaks until 2:30 at school. Yesterday it was such a crazy, rushed day that I had no chance to go to the bathroom, sit down, or even check my blood sugar. I didn't leave school until 5:30 and even brought stuff home this weekendl. I got home after school and couldn't even walk upstairs. One of our teacher aides at school offered to come in my room at 1:00 each day for five minutes so I could go to the bathroom and check my blood sugar. I'll take that five minutes! Yesterday I did wonder why I just didn't take a year off school. It would certainly be better for my health at this point but I had to remind myself that the first few weeks of school are ALWAYS like this and things do get better. I have a great class but I can't leave them for a minute to go to the bathroom (Yet) and I don't get to sit down very much. I'm going to make myself slow down and know that I'll never get all projects finished.

It was so nice to wake up at 7:30 this morning, have breakfast, and do things around the house. I miss being at our house and feel like my job is consuming me. It will get better, it will get better, it will get better....at least I only have a month left and then I get some time off!

6 comments:

The Hines Family said...

YAY!! So glad you slept! It really will get better. We've had our kids for three weeks now and I'm finally starting to feel like we're in the routine and I can leave on time. Glad you have a good class--that helps!

Julie and Dean said...

You are doing great! I know what you mean about missing your house. I thought I was the only one that felt that way. You will just love the time home everyday with little Mr. baby C.

Kelli said...

So glad you slept!!! It does get better- I am saying the same chant to myself right now. I always forget how hectic the beginning of the year is.

The Baxter Family said...

I'm glad you finally got some good sleep. And since you have a good class, I'll bet they'll settle into a routine in no time at all!

You reminded me of something that made me smile a few years back: When one of the teachers in our district gave her retirement speech, she said that what she is most looking forward to in retirement is getting to use the restroom whenever she wants to.

Tammy said...

Glad to hear you got some sleep. That helps so much.
Thank goodness someone is watching your class while you use the restoom. Sounds little and simple...but that's huge! :-)
-Tammy

Oliver said...

The last month of pregnancy is hard. Just tell yourself that it is OK to sit down and teach. Get yourself a good stool to sit on and just sit and teach. They'll understand and your feet will thank you!! Also, find a good spot at a table and have them come to you. You can do it!!!