Sunday, August 16, 2009

It's Already That time?

We haven't posted anything exciting lately and this post won't be any different. Thanks for your votes for Baby C's name. We agree with the top three but haven't fully decided yet.. Ethan, Anderson, or Ian. Humm.. maybe we just need to meet our little guy and see. I could see us not being able to choose at the hospital though.

We finished our baby classes and are feeling not as anxious about the whole experience. We are expecting less sleep but we will make it work. I'm feeling great during the day but have insomnia at night and am a bit uncomfortable. I feel like I am surrounded by pillows at night. I am up every hour or two to go to the bathroom. Poor James, he is such a trooper. I guess he should have to go through something since he won't have to go through birth! I did find out that I didn't pass my last GD test and am now having to test my blood sugar. We discovered that I wasn't eating enough and my liver was taking over becuase it was in survival mode. I was actually limiting myself with carbs because I was scared to death of having it and now since I've been following my meal plan, things have been fine. I had a feeling that being tested this late in my pregnancy I would have it. Not fun but at least things are in control now without any insulin. Those hormones! Things should go back to normal once baby C is born so we're hoping he might want to come a week or two early. The crazy thing is, it is hard for me to eat everything on my meal plan each day because I get so full. I do feel like it's such a better balance though. I'm dealing and it's only for a few more weeks, right? I'm a little nervous about getting my snacks in at school but I guess we will just have to have snack time.

I have to be back at school on Monday for meetings and then we have meet the teacher night on Tuesday. My official first day with kids is on Wednesday. I always forget how little they know at the beginning of the year. I feel more prepared than last year and I'll even feel better when my principal finds a great substitute for me when I'm gone. I was told that I have wonderful parents and great kids. That's exciting at least.

4 comments:

The Hines Family said...

Good luck going back to school tomorrow and with the kids Wednesday! Hopefully these next few weeks will fly by and your little guy will be here before you know it! I have a good friend who had GD and she also felt a lot better once she started her diet. Good luck! :-)

Kelli said...

Good luck getting back into the swing of things. Get lots of rest- I couldn't beleive how exhausted I was by Friday!

Tammy said...

Good luck with the first day with your class. I'm sure the kids are going to be excited.
It's getting close....I can't wait to meet this baby! :-)
-Tammy

Julie and Dean said...

Have fun on your first day back at school. You'll be GREAT!
can't wait to hear which name is the winner.