Thursday, June 04, 2009

Our House

Ever since school got out we have been in overdrive. My mom came to visit the day after my last day of school and let me just say that there were clean dishes in the dishwasher, clothes in the washer and dryer, and the house was a mess. The end of the school year is so busy but now it is over! It was a great last day of school but the kids were SO hyper. Next year I will remember the chaos and will not do a camping day without desks in the room. Also, having parents randomly send in treats all throughout the day didn't help. Really, a 2nd grader does not need multiple donuts, drinks, pizza, etc. in one day. They were out of control.

We have been moving our little things to the new house and the big move is this Saturday. Then on Sunday James has a century bike ride. It is nothing but crazy busy here. We also have some work to do on the house, especially the yard. The previous owners were so considerate that they trimmed ALL of the rose bushes and left the stems everywhere. Ouch!! We are also going to do some painting, or should I say that James is going to do some painting.

Here are some pictures of our house just a few days after closing:
oops..didn't take one when the garage wasn't open.






13 comments:

Jen said...

Good Luck this weekend! You'r ehouse looks great!!

Logan & Becky said...

The new house looks fantastic. Now you just need a jungle gym in the back yard, then you should be set. ~L

Tammy said...

Have fun this weekend! The house looks perfect for kids. :-)
-Tammy

Tori said...

Love the new house Melissa! I should send TJ out there to help you move, he's good at that stuff! LOL It looks like you have a lot of good interior colors. Are you going to use some of the same colors you had at the old house?

Kelli said...

The house looks great- lots of room for your growing family! Good luck this weekend!

The Hines Family said...

I'm so envious that you're finished with school! We have two more days--I'm sure I'm looking at the same kind of chaos on Tuesday.

The new house is beautiful! I know you guys are so ready to get settled in. Can't wait for more pictures! :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the house! Looks like it will be great to raise the baby in and a lot of fun! Congrats!

The Baxter Family said...

Beautiful house! What a great way to celebrate the end of the school year. :-)

Julie and Dean said...

OH it's super cute! and it looks like it is move in ready. Yards are the best! I can't wait to see your little guy enjoying all of his new space when he arrives :)
Much happiness always in your new home!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the house! Is it in Highlands Ranch? That is where we live. If you are I have lots of baby stuff for you!

Amy

Anonymous said...

ooops I did not mean to be anonymous!

Amy

James and Melissa said...

Hi Amy-Do you have an email address?

Thanks!

Amy Brown said...

I don't know why I keep coming up anonymous! My email is amyhopeb@yahoo.com. We have two little girls adopted from Vietnam.